We Rely on Volunteers and Contributors
SCinet happens thanks to individual volunteers giving their time, and HPC-related companies or institutions contributing materials and services. Due to the virtual nature of SC20, we will not be building the cutting-edge SCinet infrastructure that our attendees have to come to expect as part of their SC experience. We hope that you will consider volunteering and contributing to SCinet at SC21.
Volunteer with SCinet
As a volunteer, you join more than 180 professionals from around the globe working together to design, deliver, install, and operate SCinet at SC. Our team members come from educational institutions, government agencies, high performance computing sites, research and education networks, equipment vendors, and telecommunications carriers.
Learn more about the SCinet teams that collaborate behind the scenes to build and operate the network. Contact SCinet to inquire about getting involved at future SC conferences, or learn more about future opportunities for Student Volunteers and Women in IT Networking at SC (WINS).
SCinet Contributor Program
We invite new and returning contributors to participate in SCinet at SC21. The next network design for SCinet will begin taking shape in March 2021 and will be finalized in July 2021.
As a SCinet contributor, your organization participates by donating equipment, software, or services needed to build and support the network each year for the conference. Additionally, organizations participating in the SCinet Contributor Program have the opportunity to showcase the capabilities of new hardware, software, and services.
Contributors can support SCinet in several ways, including:
- Donating hardware, software, and/or services needed to build SCinet
- Providing logo-branded shirts for all members of the SCinet team to wear during the conference
- Donating to the Volunteer Travel Support Fund
In recognition of the critical role contributors play in planning and operating SCinet, the SCinet Contributor Program aims to secure and strengthen partnerships with industry and nonprofit organizations. The program also strives to increase the visibility of contributors who support the innovative and cutting-edge technologies displayed each year at SC.
The SC21 SCinet Contributor Program Guide will be posted at a later date. For reference, here is the SC20 SCinet Contributor Program Guide (550kb PDF) that was prepared earlier in the year.
Other benefits of becoming a SCinet contributor include the following, depending on contribution level*:
- Opportunity to showcase the capabilities of your new – sometimes pre-production – hardware, software, and other services
- Logo displayed and name mentioned during the Keynote Address
- Complimentary booth network connection and exhibitor staff badges
- Recognition via prominent display of company logo on the SCinet Network Operations Center overhead banner, display panels, SCinet Partner Highlights display, and on this webpage
- Customized wall panel on the SCinet network operations center
- Press release coordination
- Assistance with exhibitor booth selection
*Contribution levels and associated benefits are based on the value of equipment, software, services, and donated time provided in support of SCinet and the SC Conference.