523013BR - HPC Parallel Programming Software Engineer-Senior Staff
Fort Worth, TX
TimeMonday, 9 November 20209am - 8pm EST
DescriptionLockheed Martin Aeronautics is a company with a rich heritage of producing the finest military aircraft ever created.
This position, reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering Digital Transformation, supports cutting edge development of aircraft platforms.
The successful candidate will develop new High Performance Computing (HPC) software tools and modernize existing tools to improve efficiency of engineering development in support of the company’s preeminent aircraft programs, including the F-35.
Must be a US citizen. This position requires special access and will require a Secret security clearance after starting.
Basic Qualifications :
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field with at least 10 years of scientific computing experience.
• Experience in developing, optimizing, compiling, implementing, and testing multithreaded, multiprocessor performance-oriented software with Message Passing Interface (MPI), OpenMP, CUDA or other parallel processing framework in a High Performance Computing Environment
• Experience with state-of-the-art parallel computing techniques including distributed computing, algorithm optimization, or benchmarking
• Experience in requirements development, architecture, design, implementation, testing, release, and maintenance of complex numerical simulation software and parallel software solutions
• Experience in building, compiling, and debugging complex Fortran (current and legacy versions), C/C++, Julia, Scala, Python, R or similar language code
Desired skills :
• Experience in software development in GPU based environments
• Experience with computational electromagnetics (CEM), computational fluid dynamics (CFD), multi-physics Finite Element Analysis (FEA), generative design, control theory, optimization, directed energy and/or other physics-based modeling and simulation is preferred
• Experience implementing Artificial Intelligence technologies, such as general machine learning algorithms and neural networks in a parallel HPC environment
• Experience with interface, configuration, and optimization of HPC technologies such as parallel/distributed file systems (Lustre), high speed interconnect fabrics (Infiniband), and HPC batch scheduling software (SLURM)
• Strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system.
• Ability to provide guidance to other developers on effective use of computational resources (memory, I/O buffering, threads, etc.) in application code
• Demonstrated willingness to diversify skills by staying informed of state-of-the-art developments, experimenting with and championing new technologies and recommending improvements to existing techniques and procedures
• Ability to understand complex engineering principles to effectively communicate with users, understand their work, and translate requirements into software solutions
• Excellent team building and interpersonal skills, capable of building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across multiple geographic locations
• Able to consult on complex data engineering efforts and lead project teams through the solution design process
• Must be willing to mentor junior-level team members