541056BR - HPC Software Engineer - Experienced Professional Opportunity
TimeMonday, 9 November 20209am - 8pm EST
DescriptionAt the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Looking for a career with purpose? One that challenges your mind, grows your skills and contributes to our Nation’s most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible? If you answered yes to these questions, then we would like you to join Lockheed Martin's Space Mission Solutions & Operations Engineering Team.
Mission Solutions develops, delivers, and operates affordable engineering and sustainment solutions for commercial, military and intelligence users across the globe. These mission critical efforts include development of creative enterprise, cloud and application-based solutions for mission management, command and control, collection orchestration and tasking, processing, data analysis and analytics along with premier operations and sustainment capabilities of space- based programs in support of national security.
What does this role look like?
This position is for a mid-career level HPC Software Engineer that will work in a High Performance Computing (HPC) Research and Development (R&D) customer contract.
You will be an active member of the Technical User Support (TUS) team, interacting with the team, TUS team lead, program Chief Scientist, Customers, users, and site staff.
The TUS team is responsible for working with HPC users to achieve faster "time to science". You will work closely with the users to port, optimize, and parallelize codes to the users’ requirements.
You are involved in system performance analysis through benchmarking, tuning libraries, and generally focused on scientific modeling, numerical processes, and other scientific software issues. You will investigate, analyze and make recommendations regarding user codes and other HPC software issues.
This includes understanding best use practices needed to take full advantage of the program’s HPC resources, research storage systems, and secure computing environment. You are also responsible for helping users adapt to a production shared resource, its scheduling system, and its high performance data storage systems.
An individual should have demonstrated his/her flexible, adaptive, problem-solving ability.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a degree (BS) in a STEM related discipline with solid mathematics and/or physics background and experience in some combination of modeling and simulation, Fortran and/or C languages, Python, Korn, BASH, and/or Perl scripting, compilers, software benchmarking, system analysis, algorithm and/or software design.
Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance required for this role.
• Bachelor's degree in STEM discipline Mathematics or Physics discipline preferred
• Around 5 years of experience developing system software in heterogeneous, multi-platform environments
• Proficiency with Fortran, C, and/or C++
• Experience with one or more of Python, BASH, Korn, and/or Perl
• Basic software practices such as coding standards, unit testing and configuration management
• Strong ability to analyze, debug and maintain the integrity of an existing code base
• Solid understanding of the software development process including requirements, use cases, design, coding, documentation and testing of scalable, distributed applications in a Linux environment.
• Strong communication skills a results-oriented team player, creative thinker and problem-solver and follow all ethical standards of the Lockheed Martin Corporation.
• Superior programming skills and excellent attention to detail
• Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
• Ability to obtain security clearance TS//SCI
• Familiarity with High Performance Computing (HPC) environment and related technologies
• Experience with revision control software (CVS, SVN, Git)
• Experience with a variety of build/install tools (e.g. CMake, Makefile, autoconf)
• Familiarity with Agile Development Process a plus
• AI/ML/Neural Networks experience